- This event has passed.
Infectious Substances Packaging and Shipping Training
May 8, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Department of Health is offering Sentinel Lab, health department and non-sentinel lab staff the Infectious Substances Packaging and Shipping Training.
- Intended for who package and ship infectious substances and diagnostic specimens.
- Required every two years to maintain certification.
- Saf-T-Pak is conducting the classes 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, or a bit longer
- General awareness / familiarization, function specific, safety, and security awareness as required by the 49CFR 172.704
- A hands-on exercise to properly package and ship Category A and Category B infectious substances and other dangerous goods, such as dry ice, by air and ground
- A certificate of training and five (5) CEUs / contact hours
- Register in FL TRAIN — https://fl.train.org/Desktopshell.aspx.
- To create FL TRAIN account, click the box “Create Account” and complete the required information.
- Search for course number 1068198 OR “FDOH 2017 Division 6.2 Infectious Substances Packaging and Shipping”
- Click on the Registration tab.
- To receive CEUs, select credit type and type your license number in the box.
- OR select “none” and type “none.”
- Select the session and click “Get Approval”.
- Email notification once you are approved, must elect to receive emails from TRAIN.
- Questions, firstname.lastname@example.org; 904-791-1568
- OR email@example.com; 813-233-2278
- If unable to use FL-TRAIN, manual registration forms accepted