The Tampa Bay Health and Medical Preparedness Coalition (Tampa Bay HMPC) is a collaborative network of healthcare organizations, and their respective public and private sector response partners, that serve as a multi-agency coordinating group to enhance healthcare system preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation activities. In other words, Healthcare Coalitions (HCC) are healthcare system partners that come together to plan strategies for responding to local events. Healthcare Coalitions train and exercise together to maximize local capabilities related to disaster planning, response, recovery and mitigation.
The development and sustainment of The Tampa Bay Health and Medical Preparedness Coalition is a federal initiative and a requirement of the Healthcare Preparedness Program (HPP) Cooperative Agreement funded by the Health & Human Services (HHS), Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR). The purpose of HCCs is to ensure local healthcare partners plan collaboratively for the risks facing their community and identify available local resources.
The Tampa Bay HMPC also encourages the involvement of local, community-based partners. These memberships are crucial for ensuring the coordination of preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation activities. Essential partner members include:
- Hospitals and other Healthcare Providers
- EMS Providers
- Emergency Management / Public Safety
- Long-term Care Providers (NH, SNF, ALF)
- Mental / Behavioral Health / Substance Abuse Providers
- Private Entities Associated with Healthcare (e.g., Hospital associations)
- Specialty Service Providers (e.g., Dialysis, Pediatrics, Women’s Health, Stand-Alone Surgery, Urgent Care, Home Health Care)
- Other Support Service Providers (e.g., Laboratories, Pharmacies, Blood Banks, Poison Control)
- Primary Care Providers
- Community Health Centers
- Public health
- Tribal Healthcare
- Federal entities (e.g., NDMS, VA hospitals, IHS facilities, Department of Defense facilities).
Membership in the Coalition is open to all Greater Tampa Bay health care providers and partner organizations who agree to work collaboratively and coordinate emergency prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery activities. The Coalition’s work to develop emergency preparedness and response systems and resources provides advantage to the entire community, not just Coalition members.
For additional information regarding membership in the Tampa Bay HMPC in West Central Florida please go to our contact us page in the main menu above.