- This event has passed.
Shelter in Place Workshop – Polk County
November 9, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
In general, sheltering-in-place is appropriate when conditions require you seek immediate protection in your home, place of employment, school or other location when disaster strikes. Local officials are the best source of information when determining whether to evacuate or shelter-in-place. In an emergency, listen to your radio and follow the directions given by emergency officials.
• Gain knowledge about “what is” Sheltering in Place
• What would cause one to Shelter-in-Place?
• Shelter in place vs. evacuation
• Polk County-specific regarding hazards
• Everyone will receive a laminated informational sheet on Shelter-in-Place
Venue Location & Time
Date: Monday, November 9th – 9am to 12noon
Where: Polk County Emergency Operations Center
1805 Jim Keene Blvd., Winter Haven, FL 33809
Designed for all health and medical agencies: Hospitals, Nursing Homes, ALFs, In-Home Health Care, etc.
RSVP: Jenn Brandow, Polk ESF8 Health and Medical Coalition at Jennifer.email@example.com