- This event has passed.
Respiratory Protection: Program Development and Administration (Mar 11-15th)
March 11, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until March 15, 2018
Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services, Fire Service, Governmental Administrative, Hazardous Materials, Healthcare, Law Enforcement, Public Health, Public Safety Communications, and Public Works.
Respiratory Protection: Program Development and Administration (RP) is a three-day course that provides essential information and the skills required to develop, implement, administer, and sustain a respiratory protection program that fully complies with the laws and regulations regarding emergency-response actions.
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:
- Identify administrative components required for employers to establish a respiratory protection program in accordance with § 1910.134(c).
- Apply applicable § 1910.120 standards during an emergency response.
- Identify the requirements for personal protective equipment in accordance with § 1910.132.
- Employ multiple technologies to conduct qualitative and quantitative fit testing in accordance with § 1910.134.
This course provides emergency responders with the unique opportunity to practice their knowledge and skills in the Nation’s only toxic chemical-agent training facility dedicated solely to emergency responders, the Chemical, Ordnance, Biological, and Radiological (COBRA) Training Facility.
Prerequisites and Requirements
To be eligible for the course, the student must successfully complete the following courses:
- AWR-160, WMD/Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders;
- IS-100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System or any of the available ICS-100; and
- IS-700.a, National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction.
This course is open to individuals who perform any aspect of the employer-designated respiratory protection program.
Continuing Education Credits
The Center for Domestic Preparedness is authorized by IACET to offer 2.4 CEUs for this program.
Nursing, through Alabama Board of Nursing (nurses only): 24
Police Officer Standards and Training (POST), if approved by the student’s state: 24