- This event has passed.
G-386 Mass Fatality Management
June 27, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 8:30 am, repeating until June 28, 2019
Flyer: G386 Flyer – Manatee
The Mass Fatality Incident Response course is 2-day in length is designed to prepare response personnel and other responsible professionals to handle a mass fatalities incident effectively by properly caring for the dead and the living—both responders and survivors. plan at the county or local levels of government.
- Assess the local Mass Fatalities Annex to determine their jurisdictions’ preparedness for a mass fatalities incident.
- Describe the critical operational activities: Notification, staging, search and recovery, morgue operations, media relations, and family assistance.
- Explain how a Family Assistance Center is used to support families and to aid identification of the deceased.
- Identify the requirements to ensure that the psychological needs of mass fatalities responders are addressed.
- Recognize the importance of Critical Incident Stress Debriefings for responders at a mass fatalities incident.
- Identify the resources that are available at the local, State, and Federal levels during a mass fatalities incident.
- Apply the principles of ICS in response to a simulated incident.