A healthcare coalition is a group of healthcare organizations, public safety and public health partners that join forces for the common cause of making their communities safer, healthier and more resilient. Coalitions have formed across the United States to support their communities before, during and after disasters and other crises.
The Tampa Bay Health and Medical Preparedness Coalition brings together competing organizations to build capabilities that can’t be achieved alone. We strive to meet the emergency preparedness needs of more than 5,000 healthcare organizations and 100,000 healthcare workers.
The Tampa Bay Health and Medical Preparedness Coalition encompasses the following counties: Citrus, Hardee, Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk and Sumter Counties.
Our efforts benefit the patients, providers, and partners of the healthcare delivery system in the Greater Tampa Bay area. Network collaborators include:
- Ambulatory care organizations
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Ancillary services / Out-patient Services
- Behavioral health providers
- First responders
- Hospitals and Stand Alone Emergency Departments
- In-home services / durable medical equipment agencies
- Long-term care providers (NH, SNF, ALF)
- Pediatric care providers
- Public health authorities
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities / Agencies
Network members benefit from opportunities to network and collaborate together.