- This event has passed.
OSHA Training on PAPRS & PPE for Highly Infectious Diseases and Decon
May 7, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This training will provide the required OSHA training to ensure proper usage of facility owned PAPRs, PPE & decon equipment.
Each participant must bring a full “Level C” PPE ensemble to include:
- Hood & PAPR (fully charged) and all components (hose, batteries, belt)
- Suit (water/chem resistant)
- Inner gloves (5 pair)
- Outer gloves (1 pair)
- Boot coverings
The morning classroom portion will be inside and afternoon exercise component will be conducted outside. Participants should dress appropriately.
The training component of this course will cover:
- Response roles & the incident command system
- Relevant regulations on use of PPE in potentially hazardous situations
- Chemical protective clothing, respirators, inspection and donning/doffing of PPE
- Principles of contamination/decontamination of chemicals, radiologic and biological exposures
- Establishing hot/warm/cold zones and decon methods for control and reduction of secondary contamination
- Decon measures and issues of ambulatory & non-ambulatory patients & managing patients in the decon zone.
The afternoon will consist of a 3-hour exercise component, where participants will practice:
- Setting up a decon area
- Donning & doffing of PPE
- Working in PPE
- Decon simulation of ambulatory patients and personal belongings
- Decon simulation of non-ambulatory patients
- Conducting an After Action Review