- This event has passed.
Mental Health Primer – Risk Factors & Warning Signs
December 15, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) will virtually host its second biannual INSIGHT HEALTHCARE SERIES — a summit that brings relevant healthcare topics to the forefront.
The educational design of this activity addresses the needs of primary care and emergency department physicians and their care teams involved in the treatment of patients with mental illness and/or substance or addiction issues.
After completing this activity, the learner should be better able to:
- Review evidence-based screening tools for depression and substance use
- Describe risk factors and warning signs of substance use, depression, and suicidal ideation
- Discuss how to perform brief interventions using motivational interviewing techniques
- Select collaborative treatment planning options with patients
- Explain how to coordinate referrals to treatment or follow-up care
- Identify how to incorporate wellness strategies into daily routines
- Describe the patient perspective when discussing, supporting and addressing mental health conversations and needs
- List strategies, systems, and tools to address difficult conversations and assess patient needs
Facilitated by licensed psychiatrist Dr. J. Andrew Chacko, this interactive event will offer practice in real-life scenarios through web-based simulation software, preparing physicians and healthcare team members to engage patients in difficult discussions impacting their health.
This is a no fee educational activity | 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
In order to receive credit for this activity, participants must attend the activity in its entirety and submit an evaluation form. Upon receipt of a completed activity evaluation form, a statement of credit will be e-mailed to you within 4 weeks.
For information about the accreditation of this program, please contact UMA at 813-496-7737 or email@example.com.