- This event has passed.
Ultimate Medical Academy: American Red Cross Basic Life Support
March 17, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
One event on March 17, 2021 at 4:00 pm
In cardiovascular emergencies, taking the right action quickly can be the difference between life and death. It’s important to approach those situations confidently. This course, as developed by the American Red Cross, trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
Upon completion of the program, attendees should be able to:
- Dramatize Rapid Assessment and Visual Survey
- Demonstrate CPR/AED for adults, children and infants
- Identify obstructed airways and dramatize how to address them
- Identify opioid overdoses and dramatize how to address them
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving, communication and teamwork
- Describe the Emergency Medical Services System
- Explain legal considerations and precautions
Schedule: 3rd Wednesday of every month | 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Release Date: September 30, 2020
Estimated time to complete: 4.5 hours
Ultimate Medical Academy
1255 Cleveland Street
Clearwater, FL 33755